Here's a wonderful way to use Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice to add protein to your diet.
- 1 ½ cups of vital wheat gluten
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Ayala's Magic Spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of warm vegetable broth (I use “Better than Bullion” in hot water)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Pour and mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a salad fork until they are roughly mixed. Then use your hands to knead the dough until all ingredients are combined. It doesn't require much kneading at all.
- Shape your dough into a roast shape. Roll it tightly in a large square of aluminum foil and twist the ends tightly as well. It should look like a large piece of candy or party favor.
- Bake for 90 minutes at 325. As soon as it is done take it out of the foil and let it cool to room temperature. Store it in the fridge in an air tight container or plastic storage bag.
- It can be sliced for sandwiches, cubed or shredded for tacos, burritos, casseroles or simply eaten in cold slices. Super high in protein. And yummy!
In Same Category
- Magical, Easy Sofrito
- Easy Beet and Tahini Spread
- Chunky Vegetable & Barley Soup
- Falafel with a Healthy Twist
- Magic Cauliflower & Mushroom Tacos
- Glory Bowl Magic Dressing
- Baked Orzo with Eggplant, Celery, Carrots and Cheese
- Golden Cauliflower and Cashew Soup
- Grilled Chicken with Magic Spice Rub
- Transformational Roasted Vegetables
- From the Community: Dennis Fulton's Magic Spice Seitan Loaf
- Magic Roasted Cauliflower
- Magic Spice Chickpeas
Perfectly Magical Vegan Polenta
Topped With Sizzling Mushrooms
- Magic Romesco Sauce
- Best, Easiest Salmon Rub Ever
- Roasted Broccoli, Magically Spiced
- Magic Popcorn
One Pot Magic-Packed Pasta
With Lotsa Veggies
- Kale Chips with Extra Magic
- Black Lentil, Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Roasted Potato/Sweet Potato Wedges