This brightly colored spread brings vibrancy to the table, it's packed with healthy ingredients, and is very light and easy to make. Its color contrasts beautifully with green and orange and I'm sure you can imagine what a beautiful open-faced sandwich (tartine) it would make with a few greens.
I usually roast a bunch of beets over the weekend, so that I have a roasted beet ready to use throughout the week.
- 1 large roasted beet, peeled and chopped into chunks (to prepare, wrap the beet in aluminum foil, bake in a 400 °F for about an hour, until soft enough to be pierced by a fork)
- 2 tablespoons raw tahini
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice (Original or Spicy)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: pine nuts and fresh herbs (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, place all ingredients and pulse until you get a slightly chuncky spread.
- Taste and correct seasoning with more salt or lemon juice.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with pine nuts and herbs, and serve with bread, crackers or vegetable crudités.
In Same Category
- Magic Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Meatless 'Meatballs'
- Magical, Easy Sofrito
- Easy Beet and Tahini Spread
- Chunky Vegetable & Barley Soup
- Falafel with a Healthy Twist
- Magic Cauliflower & Mushroom Tacos
- Glory Bowl Magic Dressing
- Baked Orzo with Eggplant, Celery, Carrots and Cheese
- Golden Cauliflower and Cashew Soup
- Grilled Chicken with Magic Spice Rub
- Transformational Roasted Vegetables
- From the Community: Dennis Fulton's Magic Spice Seitan Loaf
- Magic Roasted Cauliflower
- Magic Spice Chickpeas
Perfectly Magical Vegan Polenta
Topped With Sizzling Mushrooms
- Magic Romesco Sauce
- Best, Easiest Salmon Rub Ever
- Roasted Broccoli, Magically Spiced
- Magic Popcorn
One Pot Magic-Packed Pasta
With Lotsa Veggies
- Kale Chips with Extra Magic
- Black Lentil, Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Roasted Potato/Sweet Potato Wedges