For the 'Meatballs':
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat bread crumbs
For the Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white or rice)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- For the 'meatballs': In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, onion, pecans, basil, salt, and Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice until well blended. Stir in bread crumbs.
- Form the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place them in large baking dish, allowing 1/4 inch between the balls.
- For the sauce: In a food processor or blender, pulse together the mango, vinegar, ketchup, onion, oregano and hot pepper sauce. Pour the sauce over 'meatballs'.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until veggie balls are firm, and the sauce is thick and bubbly.