Bright, cozy and comforting, with super nutritious ingredients -- cauliflower, Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice and nuts -- this soup has all the creamy goodness without the guilt.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ¾ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons Dr. Ayala's Magic Spice
- 8 cups water
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 heaped tablespoons white miso
- 3 cups chopped spinach or kale (optional)
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Sauté the onion until golden, add garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and Ayala's Magic spice. Sauté for another 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until cauliflower's soft but still tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add the miso paste to the pot, and with an immersion blender process until smooth. This can also be done in the food processor, in batches.
- Add the spinach or kale (heat's already off, but the soup is still very hot, so spinach will wilt nicely).
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of herbs and serve with a nice loaf of bread.