Chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, are healthy and fun to nibble on. Ayala;s Magic Spice renders them spicy, delicious, crispy and super snackable.
Serve warm, straight out of the oven, or store in an airtight container.
- 1 ½ cups dried chickpeas soaked overnight in cold water, or 2 (15oz) cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Ayala's Magic Spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place chickpeas in a large pot with plenty of water – water should cover the chickpeas by a few inches. Bring to a boil, lower to a simmer, and cook until soft, about 60 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Skip this step if using canned chickpeas.
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Toss chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake until crisp and crunchy, 20-30 minutes.